Platts Forward Curve - Coal (PFC-Coal) provides independent forward price assessments, market commentary, and analyses from experienced market specialists. This product also provides indispensible historical data based on actual transactions, bids, and offers.
PFC–Coal allows you to conduct risk management functions typical of most front-, middle-, and back-offices. With this product, you can:
- Calculate meaningful coal market risk metrics, such as Value-at-Risk (VaR), and conduct stress tests on internal business models
- Run mark-to-market valuations with timely, independently-sourced assessments provided on a daily basis
- Make hedging decisions to stabilize future cash flows
PFC- Coal provides you with the following:
- 72 daily assessments provided for the following periods: two months, four quarters, and three calendar years
- Coal contract pricing for CIF ARA (Amsterdam-Rotterdam-Antwerp), FOB Richards Bay (South Africa), and FOB Newcastle (Australia)
- Forward curves that reflect transactable values on a market-on-close basis at 17:00 London time
- Daily commentary on coal and dry freight is also provided
All assessments are derived from communication with a cross-section of markets, taking into account the views of market participants, including swap buyers and sellers as well as market makers and brokers. Prominence is given to confirmed trades and indications. Illiquid markets may be assessed relative to active benchmarks to reflect market end-of-day values.
PFC-Coal is an independent series of forward coal derivatives assessments for swaps markets in Europe, Africa, and Australia. This product provides:
- Coal contract pricing for CIF ARA (Rotterdam), FOB Richards Bay (South Africa), and FOB Newcastle (Australia)
- Daily assessments provided for the following periods: two months, four quarters, and three calendar years
- Daily commentary on the coal markets
The forward curves reflect transactable values on a market-on-close basis at 17.00 London time, and are offered to customers needing dependable and complete values as they manage the everyday risks of today's volatile coal markets.
Market Data – Coal
Upgrade your subscription to include Market Data- Coal. With one click of the mouse, you will have access to the latest coal price assessments in a data-point format that is easy to import and analyze. Market Data-Coal also provides:
- End-of-day assessments
- Third-party data
- Rolling 45-day historical database for key assessments
This is the most efficient and reliable way to receive Platts’ industry-standard benchmark assessments. For further information, please contact Platts Sales.
For more information about the price of this product, please contact your nearest Platts office. Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platts’ information. We will work with you to ensure that your staff is appropriately licensed, the correct discount levels is received, and our distribution methods meet your specific needs.
You can receive PFC-Coal on your PC via Platts' proprietary platform Platts on the Net or over EMIS. EMIS is a browser-based platform incorporating an easy and intuitive navigation scheme, including user-defined layouts and an improved search engine.
You can subscribe to PFC-Coal as an add-on to your subscription to International Coal Report/Coal Trader International or European Power Alert. You can also add the Derivatives Coal category to any existing Market Data - Coal subscription.
Market Data files can be accessed in two ways for simple download and import into databases or desktop applications.
- Download comma-delimited (.csv) data files from www.platts.com
- Download text files (.txt) from Platts’ FTP site
Platts partners play a critical role to help ensure your company's success. We are pleased to have cooperative partnerships with the world's leading data delivery and analysis companies to help you extend the value of the information we provide throughout your organization. Please contact your nearest Platts office to discover whether you can access PFC–Coal through your existing vendor's delivery platform.