Global Alert provides up-to-the-minute developments, price discovery, and market commentary for the world's crude and product market, ensuring you have the critical information you need to make profitable decisions.
The industry's most comprehensive and versatile real-time news service available, Global Alert provides:
- Real-time coverage of news and markets from our team of dedicated market specialists
- Focused editorial coverage delivering information on a need to know basis and filtering out background noise
- Real-time reporting of deals done and talking levels
- Price indicator tables for crude and products updated throughout the day
- End-of-day assessments covering more than 200 prices providing transparency for every petroleum market in the world
- Regular intra-day updates on market developments plus end of day comments
- Key fundamental statistics from the IEA, API, OPEC and others
- Incisive analysis from industry experts in constant touch with the marketplace
- A comprehensive weather service including heating degree days, severe weather and temperature tables.
Who Should Buy
Traders, risk managers, analysts, and energy executives rely on Global Alert to provide them with an up-to-date, detailed assessment of the oil and products markets.
Global Alert gives you a full and detailed picture of the very latest in news, pricing, and analysis of the refined products market, so that you can act decisively and with confidence. The information helps you uncover what's moving the market today, so you can make key investment decisions quickly and more profitably.
Global Alert provides coverage of the crude and products markets, providing you with breaking news, price discovery and market commentary in real-time for the spot and forward markets.
Global spot market coverage of the following markets:
- Crude oil
- Fuel oil
- Residual oil
- Jet Kerosene
Additional market coverage
Subscribers to Global Alert can also benefit from additional sector specific real-time information services to increase their coverage of the marketplace.
- Daily marine fuel oil and diesel spot prices for all major international ports
- 64 world-wide bunker assessments everyday
- Platts oilgram bulk prices for gasoil and 3.5% HSFO
- Selected news items by region including deals done
- Spot market commentary by region
- The latest prices for VGO, fuel oil, straight run residual and condensate
- News briefs and market commentary
Clean and Dirty Tanker Add-On
- Extensive listings and analysis of the latest tanker fixtures
- 88 clean and 56 dirty independent freight rate assessments, updated daily
- Chartering margin tables
- Relevant news and market commentary
- Global LPG/NGL spot prices and official contract and government set prices
- News on LPG shipping markets
- LPG/NGL inventory and monthly averages
Forward Curve – Oil Add-On
Forward Curve - Oil is an independent service providing you with assessments, market commentary and historical data based on actual transactions, bids and offers, giving you indispensable coverage of every relevant aspect of the global oil derivatives market.
You can receive Global Alert on your PC via Platts proprietary platform Platts on the Net, or over EMIS - a browser-based platform incorporating an easy and intuitive navigation scheme including user-defined layouts and an improved search engine.
Platts partners play a critical role to help ensure your company's success. We're pleased to have cooperative partnerships with the world's leading data delivery and analysis companies to help you extend the value of the information we provide throughout your organization. Please contact your nearest Platts office to discover whether you can access Global Alert through your existing vendor's delivery platforms.
Many clients purchase multiple subscriptions to ensure their entire staff has access to Platts information. We'll work with you to ensure our distribution methods meet your specific needs. For details, contact your nearest Platts office.